Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A drive-by

  The 3 days in Heidelburg were amazing. The town was beautiful, stunning architecture, friendly people and great accommodations. We wondered the cobblestone streets until we couldn't walk any further and stopped for breaks at various cafes alternating between beer and coffee. I would LOVE to go back again one day with Jeff and the girls under different circumstances. We had a final wander this morning and then lunch at the hotel before we took a car back to Frankfurt.
 
  I knew my nerves were kicking in this AM when I woke up at 5 and could not coax myself back to sleep but I did not realize jut how anxious I was becoming until after we arrived in Frankfurt. In the car ride here I was calm and sleepy, taking in the scenery and thinking about how it was really not that different from driving through BC or Alberta. When we arrived on the outskirts of Frankfurt I could not help but notice a similarity to Calgary's streets and building. All seemed well until we drove past the Gothe University Hospital.  All at once I was forced to remember that we are not just her for coffee, beer and sightseeing. I was shaken and rattled, ready to pack my bags and go home. A little rest, some fantastic coffee and beer later I am again feeling more confident and ready for tomorrow.

  I have my initial meeting with the Dr tomorrow afternoon, he will run some tests including another MRI to make sure that I am indeed a candidate and if all is well I will be scheduled for the surgery on Friday. For now I am getting ready to go to bed and then taking it a day at a time hoping that tommorow goes smoothly.

Thank you all again for your support


Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Jess :) Hugs, hang in there, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as the clock here was at 11:11 (my favourite connecting with family & friends time), I was reading your post. I will be sending lots of healing energies and good thoughts for you over the next few days, hoping all goes well. Much love from your London families. Saskia

    ReplyDelete